2021/22 system performance report and dashboard released
Date: May 1, 2023
The RCA has released its 2021/22 Rehabilitative Care System Performance Report.
This annual, high-level assessment of rehabilitative care across Ontario is designed to support evidence-based practice and system-wide improvement, with indicators addressing population health, patient experience, provider experience and value/efficiency.
Notably, the 2021/22 report:
- captures data collected during the COVID-19 pandemic and reflects significant pandemic-related impacts and pressures
- includes data from the RCA’s Rehab Provider Experience Survey launched in September 2022 (please note this data is shared in the summary report but not yet on the dashboard)
- illustrates notably different data trends than in previous reporting years, with 2021/22 showing more pronounced changes in wait times for in-home rehab and rates of emergency department visits for falls among older adults in the community
Accessing the 2021/22 report and dashboard
The dashboard can be accessed through a secure portal on the Ontario Hospital Association website. The 2021/22 Rehabilitative Care System Performance Report is part of an information package that includes:
- an interactive dashboard with graphics illustrating site and organizational data, trends and regional variability; and
- a technical manual that provides a substantial background, glossary of terms, indicator definitions and more.
Should you require support using the dashboard or its data to inform quality improvement initiatives, Secretariat staff are available to assist.
For more information, please contact Katie Churchill, Project Manager.