About the Rehabilitative Care Alliance
The Rehabilitative Care Alliance (RCA) works with partners across the province to strengthen and standardize rehabilitative care in Ontario through better planning, ongoing evaluation and quality improvement, and the integration of best practices across the care continuum.
Our Collaborative Approach
Our work is guided by available evidence and data, subject matter experts and the active participation of stakeholders across the province, including patient and family representatives.
More than 400 health system leaders and frontline clinicians are currently involved in our initiatives, and we’re also working with the following groups:
- Community Paramedicine
- Ontario Fall Prevention Collaborative
- Ontario Health – Health System Performance and Support
- Ontario Health – Regional Leads
- Ontario Hospital Association Data and Analytics
- Ontario Hospital Association Rehab/CCC Network
- Provincial Geriatric Leadership Office
- Regional Specialized Geriatric Services
The Rehabilitative Care Alliance was established by the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in 2013 and is now funded by Ontario Health.
The RCA benefits from the support and expertise of the GTA Rehab Network, which has provided secretariat infrastructure and support to the RCA since its inception. While the RCA and GTA Rehab Network are separate entities, some secretariat staff are cross-appointed to both.