The Rehabilitative Care Alliance (RCA) works to strengthen and standardize rehabilitative care across Ontario.
Our current initiatives include:
Keeping older adults independent and at home
- Older Adults with Frailty: Disseminating and supporting implementation of the RCA/PGLO best practice framework for rehabilitative care for older adults living with frailty.
- Post-fall Pathways: Spreading and scaling the RCA post-fall pathways for older adults living with frailty who present to primary care/emergency departments; adapting the pathways for use by community paramedics.
Improving access and flow
- Bundled Care: Refreshing the RCA’s TJR guidelines to reflect changes in models of care resulting from the pandemic.
- Community-based Rehab: Identifying opportunities for Ontario Health Teams (OHTs) to implement innovative, cost-effective models of community-based rehabilitative care.
Improving health and system outcomes
- Rehabilitative Care Standards: Advancing the understanding and optimization of rehabilitative care resources and integration of rehabilitative care standards across the province.
- Specialized Rehab: Providing guidance for Ontario Health on integrating specialized rehabilitation across OHTs.
- System Evaluation: Continuing annual evaluation of rehabilitative care services at provincial and regional levels.
Strengthening system post COVID-19
- COVID-19 Rehab Utilization: Collecting and analyzing data on use of rehab services for patients with COVID-19 (including those with post COVID-19 condition) to anticipate future demand and aid in health system recovery planning.
- Rehab Workforce: Laying the foundation for a rehab workforce recruitment and retention strategy.